Exercise files allow learners to follow along with the instructor using the same files the instructor is using. In this video, find out where to locate the exercise files and how to download them.
- [Narrator] If you have a premium or group account subscription to Linda.com, you have access to the same example files used by the author in the courses you're watching, allowing you to follow along doing exactly what the author is doing with photos, videos, audio files, business documents, and so on. Not all courses have exercise files, but for those that do, you will see this exercise file option under the video player. You may want to note the size of the files before downloading, which you can see right here, and just click on the link to initiate download.
Once the download has completed, open the zip file from your downloads folder. If you're using Windows, you may be asked whether you want to save or run the file you're downloading. Be sure to click save to save the zip file to your computer. macOS 10 and later has the built-in ability to unpack zip files, and most Windows PCs have the pre-installed software for unpacking zip files as well. Once your exercise files have downloaded to your computer, we recommend placing them on your desktop, if you haven't done so already.
This is just allowing for easier access. If you're a Mac user, simply double-click the compressed files to unpack it. Similarly, if you're on Windows, right-click the compressed file and choose extract all. Once the exercise files have been expanded, you can delete the zip file, or you can keep it as a clean backup of the copy of the files you're working on. The author of the course you're watching will explain how to use the files you've downloaded for that specific course.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support