Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video The public appearance, part of PHP with MySQL Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this chapter we're going to talk about how we can create the public side of our CMS. …We've made a lot of progress on our CMS so far, let's go back and review our …initial blueprint. We've got our Admin menu section taken …care of, that was pretty quick, and now we've got the Manage Content section. …That's the navigation, the subject's CRUD, and the page is CRUD. …I want us to now jump away from the admin area, and go over to the public area. …And that's because we're going to come back and talk about user authentication later. …Which is login, log out. And all the admin crud that goes with it.…
So we're going to look at the public area next. …The public area's going to look very similar to what we had for the admin area. …We're going to have a navigation, still going to run down the left side, exactly …the same. We're going to have page content over on …the right side. The big difference is that it's going to …be read only. We're not going to have all the other …things that we added to the admin side. Users are just going to be browsing the …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.