PHP is open-source, free software often listed in the top three web development languages; in fact, over 20 million websites use PHP. Why choose PHP over other web technologies? In this online course you will learn about attractive PHP features, including close-ties with MySQL, cross-platform capabilities, robustness and scalability. In addition, you'll be introduced to the rich online documentation set and the large, active developer community which shares tips, advice and code.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we're going to examine why you would want to use PHP over other web technologies. …There are many reasons to use PHP. This first is obviously that you've …discovered the limits of HTML and now you need something more. …PHP is also open source and free software. …Open source means, the source codes available for everyone to study, to use, …or to modify. Any developer can create an improvement …to the way PHP works, and submit it for consideration. …And it's free software, which means that it's free to download and it's free to use. …There's nothing to purchase, no licensing fees, no royalty fees.…
And I'm sure I don't have to tell you why free is a good feature. …PHP also cross platform to develop, to deploy and to use. …That means we can put PHP on a Windows server, on a Mac server, or on a Linux …server, and run the same PHP code with no problems or any differences. …And if you remember, we're going to send the results of our PHP code to the user's …browser's HTML. So it doesn't matter what computer type …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.