Loops in PHP are commands that allow the programmer to write code that will be executed multiple times without explicitly writing it out again. A while loop is a loop that executes until the expression of the loop equals to a false result. Learn how to use while loops in this PHP with MySQL training tutorial.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In the previous chapter we looked at the first type of control structure, logical …expressions, which let our code make choices about how to proceed. …In this chapter, we're going to be looking at the other main type of control …structure, loops. Loops allow us to write code that will …execute more than once, without having to write out all of that code over and over again. …The code executes once and then it loops back to the start to execute again. …And each time the code executes, it doesn't necessarily do the exact same thing. …The values of variables may be changed each time it goes through the loop. …So that logical expressions inside the loop do different things.…
And of course, a critical feature of any loop is knowing when to stop looping. …We're going to take a look at three types of loops. …While loops, for loops, and foreach loops. …We're going to begin with while loops. I think these are the simplest. …The syntax is simply while followed by an expression, that's the argument to it and …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.