Modify the URLs used for page redirection in the page management area so that they work with the new nested relationship to each subject.
- [Narrator] In the previous movie,…we learned how we had to adjust some of our links…so that they would work with our new nested resources.…Now in this movie, I want us to talk about…our redirect and how we need to modify our redirects…to take account of the nesting.…In our application, there are really three places…that we make use of URL's.…The first is in our links, that's the most obvious one.…We worked with that in the last movie.…The second is when we have form actions…because the form action submits…is not quite the same as a link.…
But we also need to take into account…what URL's we're using there.…And then the third one is our redirects.…Whenever we have a redirect,…we need to take into account to make sure…that this still works with our new nested structure.…Here I am on new.php and you can see…that once I've created a new page,…I've got it returning back to staff/pages/show.php.…So it's going to go back to the same page that I have already…and I click on View for a subject, right?…That's fine.…
There's no problem with that.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.