In this solution to the challenge assignment, Kevin demonstrates how to develop a feature that will allow admins to preview raw HTML in the staff area as the public will view it.
- [Instructor] In the last movie,…I gave you a challenge assignment.…To implement the preview content feature…in our application.…That would allow a staff member…to be able to preview content…that's not yet visible to the public…but to preview it…in the same way that the public…would eventually see it.…Hopefully you did well with it.…Now let me show you the solution…that I came up with.…The first thing that I did,…was I went into the public directory,…into Staff,…Into Pages…and found show.php.…And on that page,…I added a link.…I went ahead and added a div called, Class Actions…and a link,…which I gave a class of action…and the href for that…is going to be for that index.php page.…
Right?…That's the home page…that we've been looking at.…And I gave it an ID,…a page ID that we want to look at.…That's the current page ID…that I'm working with in Staff area.…I used good escaping techniques on that.…Using URL in code…and HTML special chars.…So it's going to have…both of those shortcuts applied to it.…And then, you'll notice…that I've also added,…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.