In this solution to the challenge assignment, Kevin demonstrates how to create the pages (informally known as CRUD) which will allow staff to manage the content of the admins table.
- [Narrator] Hopefully you did well…with the challenge assignment,…and you were able to build…the admin management pages in PHP.…In this movie, I'm going to show you the solution…that I came up with.…The first thing that I did,…was on my main staff area page on index.php,…I just added a new link right here to admins.…And so that's going to go to staff admins index.php,…and that's going to allow me to get to my admin management.…Let's take a look at that index.php page.…It's inside the admins directory,…that keeps them all organized.…
You notice I have subjects and pages down here.…Keeps them all sort of namespaced together.…And then inside index.php,…you'll see that I'm calling a query function…that we'll look at in a moment,…called find_all_admins.…It gives me back a set of admins, a recordset.…And then I'm going to loop through those as a table,…and use mysqli_fetch_assoc to pull each admin out,…and display it as a list.…And then each one of those items in the list…is also going to have a link…for viewing it, for editing it, and deleting it.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.