Modify the navigation to skip over subjects and pages that are not set to be visible to the public.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we outlined a few approaches…to prevent displaying subjects and pages…which should not be invisible…in the public context.…In this movie,…we're going to try one of those approaches.…That is finding all subjects and pages…but then simply skipping any items…which are not visible.…You'll remember that the problem we have…is that some of our pages are marked visible false…in the staff area.…And we want to see those in the staff area.…But in the public area,…we should not be seeing them.…And that's true for Globe Bank,…and it's also true down here…for Treasury Services.…
There's also a subject we marked…as not visible,…which is Small Business,…so that subject shouldn't show up at all.…Now one simple approach to this…would be simply go to our Navigation,…we find all of the subjects,…but then when we start going…through the loop of subjects,…we would put in conditional code here…that would check to see…whether or not it was visible.…Something like this:…if nav underscore subject…visible then…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.