- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie we're going to learn how to set Cookie Values using PHP, and we'll do …that by using PHPs setcookie function. The set cookie function is going to take …three arguments, name, value and an expiration. …The name is going to be the name that we want to set for this particular cookie. …The value is the value that we want to associate with that name. …Together, they work like a key value pair. …And in fact, when we get our cookie back from the user, and it's stored in our …cookie superglobal. We're going to refer to that cookie by …its name. That'll be the key in the associative …array and it will return the value to us. The third argument, the expiration is us …telling the browser how long it ought to keep this cookie around.…
You should consider this cookie valid until a certain date. …Cookies don't necessarily last forever, we can tell the browser, keep this cookie …around for 24 hours. Keep it around for a week. …Keep it around for 10 years. It's up to us to tell the browser how …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.