- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
(upbeat music) - Welcome to PHP with MySQL Essential Training. My name is Kevin Sounding. In this course, we will review the basic PHP data types and learn to use PHP's control structures like logical expressions and loops in order to control how our code executes. We'll cover many of PHP's built-in functions but we'll also learn to define our own custom functions. We'll cover the basics of SQL and learn how to use PHP to connect to a MySQL database which will allow us to create, read, update, and delete records, we'll learn the fundamentals of user authentication: that is the process of requiring a username and password to login to a PHP application.
And finally, we'll build a complete PHP web application from start to finish. A content management system that will allow admins to login, and manage the website content that gets displayed to the public. I'm excited, and I hope you are too, so let's get started learning PHP.
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.