Proper access to PHP programming requires you to follow several installation and configuration steps. This overview of the PHP installation process uses Mac OS 10 to discuss each of the components. Some are included with the OS including the Apache web server and PHP itself, while others, such as the MySQL database and a text editor, will need to be downloaded and installed. This overview video will set the stage for the steps you must take.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this chapter, we're going to be learning how to install PHP and MySQL on …a Macintosh. I want to start out by first giving you …an overview of what we're going to do before we go through each of the steps. …The first thing we're going to need to do is make sure that we have a web server. …And that's going to serve up the web files, process the PHP for us, and …respond to requests from browsers. So, we're going to have a browser, makes …a request to the web server. Apache web server is included with Mac OS 10. …And it's been there for a number of different versions. …In Mac OS 10.8, we have version 2.2 included.…
So that's already there. There are a couple of differences though …from this version, from previous versions of Mac OS 10. …Starting with version 10.8, they removed the web sharing option that you find in …the system preferences. So we're going to have to learn how to …start and stop Apache without that. So I'm going to show you how to do that. …They also removed the sites directory. There's normally a default directory …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.