Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 2 Build a CMS.
- [Instructor] I would like to thank you for taking…PHP with MySQL Essential Training part two with me.…In this course, we built public facing pages,…which display database driven HTML content…complete with page navigation.…And we excluded subjects and pages,…which should not be visible to the public.…We learned to encrypt passwords…and to perform and require user authentication.…We nested the CRUD for our pages inside the subjects area…complete with code to automatically manage their positions.…In the end, we developed a respectable…content management system together.…
This is, of course, only the beginning.…A real world content management system…would use these same techniques to build even more tools.…Maybe there's a database table of products…and product categories,…or maybe there's an area that lists recent press releases.…A database could hold office locations, staff,…salespeople, or job openings.…The details are different for every single project,…but the fundamental concepts are the same…as those that we've learned in this course.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.