By default, uploads are only permitted from the MySQL data directory. However, this option is very restrictive. In this video, learn how to disable this feature. If you do not disable this feature, you'll have to manually move all of your datasets to the uploads folder.
- [Narrator] To follow along in this course,…you'll need to install version 5.7…of the MySQL server, as well as…version six of the MySQL Workbench.…I'll also be using Python in some…of the challenges of this course…to interact with my MySQL databases.…I also recommend installing the 64-bit…version of the Notepad++ text editor.…I'll be using it to examine some large datasets,…as well as to edit my Python scripts.…I've already installed the MySQL server and the workbench…using the MySQL community server download, which handles…installation and configuration in a user-friendly way.…
There's one final step we need to take.…By default, MySQL is setup to prohibit users…from loading data into the database from anywhere except…the uploads folder in the MySQL data directory.…However, this option is very restrictive…and for the purposes of this course,…I'm going to disable that feature.…If you choose not to, then you'll have to move…all of your datasets to the upload folder…and you'll have to update my load data syntax to match.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of MySQL
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Integrating Python with MySQL
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Data and MySQL in under Five Minutes
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
Searching a database1m 51s
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.