- View Offline
- Writing queries
- Creating and updating databases and tables
- Using MySQL built-in functions
- Sorting and filtering data
- Updating tables with triggers
- Working with subselects and views
- Creating and using a stored function
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman, and welcome to MySQL Essential Training. We'll start with the basic syntax of SQL as it's implemented by MySQL. I'll explain how to use the SELECT statement and how to create, update, and delete data from your tables. I'll show you specifically where the MySQL version of SQL differs from the standard, and how to get the most out of MySQL's specific dialect. I'll cover creating and deleting databases, data types, transactions, subselects, views, and stored routines.
And finally, I'll show you a full working CRED application. CRED is an acronym for create, read, update and delete. MySQL is one of the most widely deployed database management systems in the world. Understanding MySQL will serve you well in your database applications, so let's get started with MySQL Essential Training.