This course was created by Bill Weinman. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating, showing, and dropping indexes
- Creating subselects
- Creating joined views
- Creating stored functions and procedures
- Implementing MySQL transactions
- Updating with triggers
- Creating foreign key constraints
Skill Level Advanced
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman, and welcome to MySQL Advanced Topics. The goal of this course is to show you some of the more advanced features of MySQL so you can get the most of this modern, powerful database management system. I'll start with an overview of indexes, as implemented by MySQL. I'll explain how to use Views and Subselects to organize and reuse your most common queries. I'll show you how to use stored functions and procedures. I'll cover transactions, triggers, and foreign key constraints. Understanding these advanced features of MySQL will help you get the most out of this modern, powerful database management system. So let's get started with MySQL Advanced Topics.
Exercise files2m 38s
2. Views and Subselects
3. Stored Routines
6. Foreign Keys
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.