In the staff area, modify the page management area by nesting the pages underneath each subject.
- [Instructor] We're going to begin nesting our resources.…That is, putting our pages nested inside the subjects…by first starting out with reorganizing our code a bit…so that we list our pages by their subject.…Currently, in our staff area,…we have a list of our subjects.…And, separately from that, we have a list of our pages,…and each page knows which subject it belongs to.…What I want to do is take the pages…that belong to a subject,…for example, these first four pages…belong to About Globe Bank,…and instead of listing them here on this page,…I want to take them and I want to list them…with their subject, underneath the subject.…
So I want to click on View for About Globe Bank.…We're now seeing details about this subject.…What I want is right here below it,…to have a list of the pages that belong to this subject.…So the only way to see the list of pages…is to first choose the subject.…So, in order to do that,…let's first start by going into our staff area,…and let's go to index.php in the staff area,…and let's just take away that link that we had for pages.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.