Installing PHP is a multi-step process. The basics needed for PHP programming include the PHP installation files, a local web server, a database such as MySQL, an editor and a browser. This installation overview video provides a high-level explanation of the flow of PHP programming and an overview of popular stack (platform, web server and database) configurations. Lastly, you'll see how to access the robust online installation manual that includes tips for a smooth installation.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Hopefully, after looking at what PHP can do for you, you're excited to get started. …So let's examine what we're going to need before we install. …In order to install PHP on your computer, so we can start learning it, you're …going to need a few things. We're going to need a web server, and …that's going to be to serve up the web files that we're going to look at in our browser. …We're going to install that on our local machine, not on some special piece of …server hardware that exists somewhere else. …It's not problem for us to have the web server exist on your local computer and …also have the browser that's making requests to that web server also exist on …the same computer. Typically you don't do that.…
Typically the web server exists on one piece of hardware and a browser on a …different computer is what's contacting that web server. …When we do local development they're both going to exist on the same machine. …We're going to need to have PHP installed, so our web server will …understand the PHP code that we create. We're going to want to have a database …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.