- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We've now taken a look at three out of the four types of CRUD actions. …We have create, we have read and we have update, the last one is delete. …And delete is simple by comparison, there's no form or anything like that to …fill out. We just simply honor the request. …The user says delete it, so we delete it. So we're going to do this on a new page …Open up Text Mate and let's just save that as. …This is going to be in Sites inside Widget Corp and then inside our Public folder. …We're going to call it delete_subject.php.…
Alright, so there it is, there's delete_subject.php. …And what is this page going to do? Well it's going to need to have the session. …It's going to need our database connections. …It's going to need our functions. So let's grab those from any of these …other pages we were just working with. Open up new subject. …At the top here. So let's just grab all of these. …It's not going to display any HTML. So we don't need to output anything. …We're simply going to process the request and then redirect them somewhere else.…
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.