- Strengths and weaknesses of MySQL
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Integrating Python with MySQL
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Brad] Hi, I'm Brad Wheeler, and in this course we're going to look at some common database problems. MySQL is one of the most widely-used database programs. It's used as a back-in by some of the most popular websites in the world and is a part of the ubiquitous AMP software stack which includes the Apache web server and PHP programming language. I'll show you how to quickly and efficiently load data into MySQL, how to search, transform, and perform calculations with the data in your databases, and how to interact with MySQL using external programming tools.
This course is part of the database clinic series where experts are given the same challenges and asked how their tool of choice can be used to address them. You can watch just this course if you want to learn how MySQL can be used for basic database tasks, or if you like, you can watch the different courses in this series to compare the features and advantages of each of these different tools. All right, let's get started.
1. Data and MySQL in under Five Minutes
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
Searching a database1m 51s
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.