PHP is a popular programming language that serves as the foundation for many data-driven websites. This online video outlines what the PHP with MySQL Essential Training tutorial covers, including the basics of PHP, connecting the application to the database, and developing a complete web application using these tools.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we're going to use what we've learned about database connectivity …in our application to connect to the database. …And then create a list of subjects on manage content.php. …We're going to start by just listing all of the subjects. …In the next chapter, we'll add pages to it and see how to bring up page content. …So go back and review database connectivity if you need a refresher. …Remember there's five steps that we need to follow. …We're going to create a database connection, form our database query, use …the returned data if any. Release the returned data, and then close …the database connection. Let's start by opening up that file that …we worked with earlier. That's inside our Sights folder, inside …Sandbox and it's called databases.php. Let's just open that up for reference.…
This has all of that connection in there, and we can just copy this over. …We're going to add it to our managedcontent.php page, so let's add it …right here before we even do the functions. …Let's do it right at the very beginning, and we're just going to grab all of this …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.