In this challenge assignment, you are asked to develop code that will automatically adjust and shift the positions of other items whenever a subject or page is given a new position.
- [Instructor] It's time for another challenge assignment.…This one is a difficult challenge,…it's the hardest one we've had yet,…but it doesn't use any skills that you have not learned.…It just requires persistence and very careful reasoning.…The idea behind the challenge…is to automatically manage the position numbering…of your subjects and your pages.…That means that whenever you add a new subject,…move a subject to a different position, or delete it,…it should adjust the positions…of the other items accordingly.…
It's going to reduce the item-by-item editing,…because right now, if you want to move a subject…from position one to position five,…you have to go in to all the other positions…for the other subjects and adjust them accordingly.…That's a real pain.…Instead, we're going to add code…that's going to automatically adjust those other positions…for those other items whenever you perform those functions…for insert, update, and delete.…Let me walk you through some of the concept of how it works.…Let's say that I have a list of subjects.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.