In this challenge assignment, you are asked to develop a feature that will allow admins to preview raw HTML in the staff area as the public will view it.
- [Voiceover] It's time for another Challenge assignment.…In the beginning of this chapter,…we discussed that it's a useful feature…for staff to be able to preview content…as it would be formatted in the public context,…even when that content…is still not yet visible to the public.…Your challenge is to implement that preview feature.…Let's go over a few of the key points together.…You want to add a preview link in the staff area…on /public/staff/pages/show.php.…You can put it right before the 'edit' and 'delete' links.…
And in that link, you want to include the URL parameter…"preview=true".…When that link is clicked,…it's going to open the /public/index.php page,…that is, the home page that the public normally sees.…You're going to do that in a new window,…you can do that using "target=blank" in HTML…to bring up a new window;…and when it goes to render the page,…it's going to work just like normal,…except when it's in preview mode like this,…it's not going to to check for page…or even subject visibility.…
It's going to just ignore all of those checks…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.