In this challenge assignment, you are asked to create the pages (informally known as CRUD) that will allow staff to manage the content of the admins table.
- [Instructor] It's time for another challenge assignment.…Your challenge is to create pages in the staff area…to manage the contents of the admins table we just created.…Much of this challenge is a review of work that we did…in part one of this course.…There we created pages to manage the contents…of the subjects and pages tables…by using PHP to perform similar CRUD operations.…Create, read, update,…and delete.…You'll find yourself writing code similar to this…over and over when developing web applications.…You should have these skills ready whenever they're needed.…
Let's walk through the details of the Admin Management.…For the Admin CRUD pages,…you're going to put them all in a single directory called,…"Admins"…that'll keep them organized.…And you're going to have five pages.…Index.php will show a list of all the admins.…"Show" would allow you to see details…of a particular admin.…"New" would be a web form to allow you…to create new admins in the database.…"Edit" is a web form to allow you…to update existing admins in the database.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.