Begin the process of building a content management system by blueprinting the project. Blueprinting provides a useful overview that guides PHP development and helps avoid mistakes.
- [Instructor] We will begin our PHP work…by blueprinting the web application…that we intend to build throughout this course.…This will provide us with a good overview…of the work that lies ahead.…The web application we're going to be building…is a content management system, or CMS for short.…The idea is that web pages which administrators can use…to create and edit content.…But the public has different pages…where they can read the content,…but which are not editable.…An essential first step when starting any web project…is to create a project blueprint.…
If the site's simple,…you may be able to just type up a few notes…or draw a picture.…But if the site's complex,…you may need page mock-ups, and even flow charts.…The fundamental idea is that in either case,…to take what's in your head and put it on paper…so that you can look it over and assess the work…before you start.…It helps you to clarify it,…and to force you to think about problems…that you might otherwise have put off…until you were down the road with your development.…
- Creating a content management system
- Building dynamic content navigation
- Using context and function options for conditional behavior
- Hiding content from the public view
- Insecure direct object reference
- Allowing HTML in dynamic content
- Previewing content in the public context
- Working with cookies and sessions
- Storing status messages in the session
- Secure user authentication (login/logout)
- Regulating page access
- Nesting related resources
- Managing an ordered list automatically
Skill Level Beginner
1. Create a Content Management System
2. Build Dynamic Content Navigation
3. Use Context and Options
4. Cookies and Sessions
5. Regulate Page Access
6. Nesting Related Resources
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.