Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Assignment results: Pages CRUD, part of PHP with MySQL Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So how did you do with your first big assignment? …Hopefully you were successful and you were able to create pages CRUD, that's …similar to what we did with the subjects CRUD. …Now for any reason, you ran into any problems or you just want to compare notes. …All of the code for this is in the exercise files. …And I'm going to show it to you now. And if you want to you can pause the …movie to see how I did something. Copy it down and get it working for yourself. …I only made changes to four files and those are the same four files that I …mentioned in the last movie. The first of those is manage content.php …and I made two changes. I made one in the manage subject area.…
I added a new section where we list off the pages that are in this subject. …So do that. It's pretty simple. …I used my function that I already had called find pages for subject to get a …set of subject pages. And then went through each page in that set. …And outputted an li tag. And inside that put a link that would …just take me to view that page. Notice that I used URL encoded HTML …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.