In PHP, there are many useful functions which can be used to work with arrays. Some of the most common functions include sorting mixed up numbers, combining arrays into a string, and dividing data. This video tutorial explains how the most basic functions can be used with arrays in PHP. Furthermore, since there are so many array functions, you will learn how to reference comprehensive PHP documentation.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie I want us to talk about array functions. …An there are a lot of functions for working with arrays, because arrays are …super useful an we're going to use them in a lot a different context. …And there's lots a things that we might want to do with them, and ways we want to …manipulate that information. So we're going to look at a few of the …most common ones, and then I'm going to show you how you can look up the rest of them. …Let's start with let's create ourselves a new file for this. …And let's make our basic .HTML file, Save As. …We'll call this array_functions.php. Here we go, ten box/g, array functions.…
So, to start with, I'm going to Paste in a numbers array, which is the same …numbers that we were working with in the last two videos. …But the difference is that I've jumbled them all around, they're not in the same …order anymore. That's because one of the things that …we're going to be looking at is how we can sort those numbers. …Before we do that, want to look at a couple of other ones. …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.