Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Admin CRUD, part of PHP with MySQL Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we're going to create all the CRUD we need for managing Admin users …in our Admin area. That is, the ability to list the users, …to add new ones, to edit them, and to delete them. …We're not going to worry about any of the login or authentication or encryption or …anything just yet. This is just simple CRUD, the same kind …of stuff you've been doing before. And you should be able to do it on your …own by applying what we learned about subjects and pages. …So what I'd like us to do is I'm going to show you the demo of the version I created. …Then you can pause the movie, go off and try to create it for yourself applying …everything you've learned so far. And then come back and I'll actually show …you my code so you can compare. The pages that you're going to need to …create are going to include manage_admins.php.…
Or if you prefer you could call that list admins.php. …And then new_admin.php, notice that it's singular. …That's the process for created a new admin. …For now, don't worry about encrypting the password, go ahead and just have it save …
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. Mac Installation
3. Windows Installation
4. First Steps
5. Exploring Data Types
6. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
7. Control Structures: Loops
8. User-Defined Functions
10. Building Web Pages with PHP
11. Working with Forms and Form Data
12. Working with Cookies and Sessions
13. MySQL Basics
14. Using PHP to Access MySQL
15. Building a Content Management System (CMS)
16. Using Site Navigation to Choose Content
17. Application CRUD
18. Building the Public Area
19. Regulating Page Access
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.