Join Jared Meeker for an in-depth discussion in this video Slides, part of Acoustic Guitar Lessons: Intermediate.
- Alright, let's go over sliding now,…and this is a very important technique to know for guitar.…There's a lot of different ways that you can do it,…and it's important to have a lot of accuracy…and a good sense of how to slide…and keep the pressure down.…So let's cover two different topics on that.…The first thing is a grace note slide.…And that would be where you just slide…really quick into a note, sort of as just like…an ornament or a way of sort of dressing up a melody.…You can just go...…(guitar strumming)…So there I was sliding between all different fingers,…and generally it was just going into the note really quick…from either a note below or from a note above.…
Just make sure to look at the fret…that you're intending to end on,…and make sure that destination is really precise.…Next let's check out another concept…called a portamento slide.…And here, it's going to be a very distinct note rhythm…before and after, so for instance,…let's check out this example that uses either…half notes going into another half note,…
- Flatpicking arpeggios
- Tuning with harmonics
- Bending strings and vibrato
- Creating a monster funk groove
- Blurring the line between rhythm and lead
- Mapping the fretboard in boxes
- Getting creative with open strings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Colors and Textures
2. New Grooves and Styles
3. Pentatonic Possibilities
4. Mapping the Fretboard in Boxes
6. Introducing Alternate Tunings
Conclusion and credits2m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.