Mike Marshall welcomes the students to the beginning of the intermediate level lessons. He tells them all the things that will be covered and what level of ability the student should be at in order to get the most out of these lessons.
- Welcome to the intermediate level of mandolin playing.…We're gonna expand now on some of the basics…that I taught in the beginner level.…And if you're uncertain whether you're ready…for this next jump,…I'd love you to work through all the material…in that basics level.…And then if you hit a wall, then great,…that's where you know where you are.…So before jumping, make sure you can play…everything in that basics category.…If you're still uncertain,…you can send in a placement video…under the Submit Video tab,…and we'll figure out exactly where you need to be.…
This course is part two of the Mandolin Lessons series, which includes hundreds of lessons, exclusive performances, and special guest interviews. Make sure to check out the exercise files for downloadable tab, audio samples, and other study materials.
Note: This course was created and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Adjusting your action
- Changing strings and tuning the mandolin
- Playing a 1-6-2-5 progression
- Understanding moveable chords
- Practicing mandolin
- Playing blues on the mandolin
- Playing kickoffs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Gear and Setup
2. More Fun with Theory
3. Intermediate Mandolin Tunes
5. The Blues
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.