Join Gayle Kowalchyk for an in-depth discussion in this video Harmonic intervals: 4ths and 5ths, part of Piano Lessons: Teach Yourself to Play.
- Just like seconds and thirds,…fourths and fifths can be played harmonically as well.…Fourth. (piano notes)…Fifth.…Fourth.…Fifth.…Fourth.…Fifth.…Fourth.…Fifth.…When notes on the same line or space…are joined with a curved line, called a tie,…we call them tied notes.…The key is held down for the combined values of both notes.…
In Little Things you'll be playing tied notes.…They're in the left hand.…I'd like to play the first four measures for you…and show you how to count those notes.…You'll start with your left-hand thumb on G.…One, two, three, four.…One, two, three, four. (piano music)…One, two, three, four.…One, two, three, four.…One, two, three, four.…
And now we'll do both hands.…One, two, three, four.…(piano music)…Jingle Bells is a great piece that…uses a lot of what we've learned so far.…
One, two, three, four.…(piano music)…
- Practicing proper hand technique
- Practicing proper seating position
- Practicing the right-hand C and left-hand C positions
- Melodic intervals
- Harmonic intervals
- B for the left and right hand
- A for the left hand
- Using the damper pedal
- Moving up and down the keyboard in 6ths
- Measuring half steps and whole steps
- Progressions and triplets
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. Melodic Intervals
3. Introducing Harmony
4. New Rhythms and Intervals
5. Music Theory
6. Progressions and Triplets
Closing and credits1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.