Join Jared Meeker for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a monster funk groove, part of Acoustic Guitar Lessons: Intermediate.
- Now, for creating a monster funk groove,…here we're going to mix up a lot of…the different subjects that we've covered so far.…We're going to have single notes, some slides,…a lot of funk strumming.…So, check out this example.…It's called Dancing with Mr. Neckbolts (The Funkmonster).…So check it out.…One, two, three, four.…
- Flatpicking arpeggios
- Tuning with harmonics
- Bending strings and vibrato
- Creating a monster funk groove
- Blurring the line between rhythm and lead
- Mapping the fretboard in boxes
- Getting creative with open strings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Colors and Textures
2. New Grooves and Styles
3. Pentatonic Possibilities
4. Mapping the Fretboard in Boxes
6. Introducing Alternate Tunings
Conclusion and credits2m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.