Greensleeves, B Section, Measures 17-25 are broken down and walked through. Hugh first teaches the right hand alone, then the left hand alone, followed by how to combine both hands. Notation is overlaid to help you follow along with the lines being taught.
- Now, let's move on to the B section,…the next middle section of this song.…Now, see if you can identify which note this is, okay?…Remember, that mnemonic,…Ew Great Big Dog,…this going to be the D over here,…Ew Great Big Dog, okay?…So our next section is gonna start on D over here.…Now I want you to start with the fourth finger,…on this D, okay?…So let me play through the first few notes.…
And hold that, play it again.…And then the fast, notice the C sharp.…Okay, and you go to this A.…Put your hand over, okay, again we're gonna be reaching,…we've run out of fingers, but fortunately that thumb…is a great pivot point.…Reach over with the third finger to this F sharp.…And then you're gonna bring that thumb back out to the D.…Let's just do that much again,…that little thumb maneuver's a little tricky.…
Okay, ready?…Fourth finger on the D.…Hand over, third finger reaching over to the F sharp.…Switch that thumb back out.…Right, and try to see if you can hold each finger…until the next finger plays before letting go.…Okay, good, let's try that one more time…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Learning a song
- Practicing piano
- Understanding the keys: middle C, flats, sharps, and octaves
- Sight-reading music
- Playing melody or treble clef with the right hand
- Playing rhythm or bass clef with the left hand
- Combining hands
- Playing songs in different tempos