Join Mike Marshall for an in-depth discussion in this video ArtistWorks and Next Steps, part of Mandolin Lessons with Mike Marshall: 1 Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Male Voiceover] Thank you for checking out…Artist Works music lessons on Lynda.com.…You've taken the first step towards becoming…the musician you know you can be.…Now you can take the next step.…Artist Works gives you access to 800 hours…of premium music instruction from the most trusted…and experienced teaching musicians online today,…whether you're beginner, intermediate,…advanced or somewhere in between.…Artist Works schools offer instruction for any level.…Learn at your own pace, on your own time.…Closeup shots and overhead angles make instruction easy.…
Pause or repeat anything you want.…Our most popular feature is our Video Exchange Learning…where you submit a practice video to your instructor…and get a personal video response.…You develop a real relationship with your instructor…and stay motivated to improve your playing.…You also get access to thousands of video exchanges…from other students who have already asked…many of the same questions you have,…as well as dozens of tablatures, backing tracks…
Note: This course is one of a 4-part series created and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Sitting and standing with the mandolin
- Tuning a mandolin
- Positioning the right and left hands
- Strumming open chords
- Playing two-finger chords and melodies
- Playing beginner mandolin tunes
- Finding minor and moveable chords
- Playing 7th chords
- Playing chop chords
- Picking on the mandolin
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Right and Left Hand Fundamentals
3. Beginner Mandolin Tunes
4. Theory and Exercises
5. Chops and Picking
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.