Help the user plan ahead for an adequate sized case and power supply, including demonstration of installing a module in a case.
- Now that you've chosen a format…and have a general idea…of what types of modules you might want,…it's time to get down to the business…of choosing specific modules,…and more importantly,…how big of a case and power supply…you're gonna need to hold them.…First off, check your local stores.…You might be lucky enough to find some…that do stock module gear.…It is becoming more popular.…Failing that, go to a manufacturer's website,…download manuals, watch their training videos.…And speaking of videos, go on YouTube and Vimeo.…You'll find a lot of users love to share…what they've discovered with their latest modules.…
In addition to that,…hang out with other users online.…They're more than happy to share.…For example, this Facebook page…dedicated to Eurorack synthesizers…has a new user asking others' opinions…of the system he's putting together.…In general, you'll find that modular synthesis…are very happy to share what they know with others.…Once you've got an idea of what modules you might like,…it's time to go to Modular Grid…
This course will be based around the widely available Roland SYSTEM-500 Eurorack-standard synthesizer modules, complemented with modules from several other manufacturers. As most modules, synthesizer keyboards, and plugins are designed around the same principles, this course lets you dig deeper into synthesis and programming your sounds regardless of the equipment you own.
- Putting a system together
- Getting sound in and out
- Patching a typical synthesizer "voice"
- Tuning voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs)
- Working with waveforms
- Using filters
- Exploring frequency modulation, waveshaping, oscillator sync, effects, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Synth Programming: Beyond the Basicswith Scott Hirsch1h 54m Intermediate
Performing with Ableton Live: On Stage with St. Vincentwith Daniel Mintseris2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Putting a System Together
2. Learning Subtractive Synthesis
3. Exploring Alternate Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.