An exercise designed to help you learn and practice playing slides smoothly and cleanly without comprimising rhythmic timing. The goal is to smooth out your playing by integrating slides effectively to move through the lines.
- Here's an exercise to work…on building awareness of slides,…and how to play some into rhythm.…I'll show you the exercise.…First, you download the tab,…according to this, you can read along,…starts on the A, the second fret of the third string.…Slide up to the B, a fourth fret,…and then strike the D on the third fret, second string.…And then slide down to the open G.…
Sliding from four to two there on the third string…is the first bar.…And you may just do that a little while.…And again, what you want is the full three notes…need to feel like one idea.…Note one and two.…Yeah, some of these points where some people,…it's easy to get a little bit sloppy with these,…but we're gonna practice this with a metronome…for the reason of really trying to hammer in a solid feel.…
So here's the rest of the thing.…There's first bar again.…Bar two starts here on the third fret of the second string.…We're sliding from fret three to five,…and then playing notes that when we slide…it puts our first finger…where we're keeping with our left hand concept,…
Watch at your own pace; start and stop where and when you need. Everything that Bryan breaks down he puts back together in chapters 4 and 5, where he shows how to apply what you've learned to a selection of popular bluegrass tunes that are important for the repertoire of any bluegrass guitarist.
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Chord theory
- The major and pentatonic scales
- Walking bass technique
- Reading tablature
- Beginning hammer-ons and pull-offs
- Beginning slide guitar
- Using a capo
- Playing traditional bluegrass tunes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Scales and Chord Theory
2. Walking Bass and Reading Tablature
3. Hammer-Ons, Pull-Offs, and Slides
4. Basic Bluegrass Tunes 1
5. Basic Bluegrass Tunes 2
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.