Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to follow along, part of Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse.
- [Instructor] The goal of this course is to provide an effective way to get a custom portfolio website online that meets your personal or business goals using Adobe Muse. that meets your personal or business goals using Adobe Muse. In order to do that, there's a few things you'll need to follow along with the course. As a Creative Cloud subscriber, you'll be able to publish your site through Adobe's business catalyst service. Alternatively, if you want to publish your site independently you'll need a domain name. That's what visitors will use to navigate to your site in a web browser.
Domain names can be difficult to pick, but look for one that makes sense and isn't too hard to spell. You'll also need a web hosting account. A web host is where all of your site files are stored. This is where you'll upload your Muse site and to do that you'll need administrative access to your hosting account. Finally, you need your own content. The goal of this course is for you to build your own site. And that's best done with your own portfolio projects.
As you watch me build my portfolio, add your own material to make the project your own.
- Starting a new portfolio website
- Making a header and footer
- Adding navigation
- Including social media icons
- Adding an autoplay slideshow
- Making thumbnail images and buttons
- Creating an About page and a Contact page
- Linking pages together
- Creating an accordion menu
- Adding breakpoints for responsiveness
- Testing and publishing a website
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Icon Fonts for the Webwith James Williamson3h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan Your Portfolio
2. Set Up Your Site in Muse
3. Display Your Work
4. Add Pages
5. Make Your Site Responsive
6. Publish the Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.