Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Set page anchors, part of Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we defined our content areas.…I've given them temporary labels.…What we want to do now is to create links…from our menu bar to the top of these sections.…In the finished version, it works like this.…For this, we'll need our Anchor tool,…so I'll choose the Anchor, click up there,…and I'm going to call this first one top,…and the reason for this is that when…we get down to the bottom of the page, we need a link,…still need to create that,…that will jump us back to the top.…
Let's get my Zoom tool and zoom in on that,…and we'll position it at the very top of the page.…I'm keeping these to the left of the page,…just so they're easy to see and easy to select.…Work.…And finally, contact.…So now that we've made the anchor links,…we can go to our menu bar, which as you'll remember…is on the master page,…and we can link the different menu items to our anchors.…
Let's come down to the bottom,…and let's make sure I'm on the right layer here.…Yeah I want to be on the header layer.…I'll create myself a text frame.…
- Starting a new portfolio website
- Making a header and footer
- Adding navigation
- Including social media icons
- Adding an autoplay slideshow
- Making thumbnail images and buttons
- Creating an About page and a Contact page
- Linking pages together
- Creating an accordion menu
- Adding breakpoints for responsiveness
- Testing and publishing a website
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Icon Fonts for the Webwith James Williamson3h 56m Intermediate
1. Plan Your Portfolio
2. Set Up Your Site in Muse
3. Display Your Work
4. Add Pages
5. Make Your Site Responsive
6. Publish the Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.