Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse
Create and publish a complete portfolio website with Adobe Muse—without writing any code. Author Steve Harris takes designers through the most important stages of a web design project, which include planning the site structure, preparing graphics to import into Muse, and working with widgets and embedded content to integrate unique functionality. Plus, learn how to add an alternative layout for mobile and tablet views. The sample website created in this course is geared toward a creative professional such as a graphic artist or photographer who is looking to publish work online, but it could be useful for any type of image collection.
- Planning the site with a wireframe
- Creating master pages
- Building and placing graphics from Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
- Creating buttons and button states
- Adding a header, footer, and navigation widget
- Creating a slideshow
- Setting up a contact form
- Publishing to a third-party hosting solution
- Tracking site traffic with Google Analytics
- Hi, I'm Steve Harris and this is Designing a Portfolio Website with Adobe Muse. Getting started in web design can be an intimidating task, but now you can focus on designing your portfolio website while Muse takes care of writing the code for you. In this course, I'll show you how to efficiently plan your portfolio site by gathering content and assets, then creating your site plan. I'll show you how to add texture and transparency to create depth in your design. I'll demonstrate how to incorporate web font to give your site a unique look.
We'll cover how to embed HTML content. Then, we'll add built in widgets to make your portfolio interactive. Lastly, I'll explain how to purchase and set up a unique domain name as well as help you to optimize your website for great search rankings. Investing the time and energy in building a professional website to showcase your portfolio is one of the most important aspects of creating a successful business and, with the release of your new secret weapon, Adobe Muse, the time has never been better.
So let's get started.
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals564,183 Views
Up and Running with QGIS44,525 Views
MindManager 2016 for Windows Essential Training17,009 Views
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivot96,761 Views
GarageBand for iOS Essential Training162,504 Views
Muse Essential Training1,470,361 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training631,228 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views