- View Offline
- Planning the site with a wireframe
- Creating master pages
- Building and placing graphics from Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
- Creating buttons and button states
- Adding a header, footer, and navigation widget
- Creating a slideshow
- Setting up a contact form
- Publishing to a third-party hosting solution
- Tracking site traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Steve Harris and this is Designing a Portfolio Website with Adobe Muse. Getting started in web design can be an intimidating task, but now you can focus on designing your portfolio website while Muse takes care of writing the code for you. In this course, I'll show you how to efficiently plan your portfolio site by gathering content and assets, then creating your site plan. I'll show you how to add texture and transparency to create depth in your design. I'll demonstrate how to incorporate web font to give your site a unique look.
We'll cover how to embed HTML content. Then, we'll add built in widgets to make your portfolio interactive. Lastly, I'll explain how to purchase and set up a unique domain name as well as help you to optimize your website for great search rankings. Investing the time and energy in building a professional website to showcase your portfolio is one of the most important aspects of creating a successful business and, with the release of your new secret weapon, Adobe Muse, the time has never been better.
So let's get started.