Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Create thumbnail images, part of Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I'm going to go over the creation of these thumbnail buttons…that the user clicks on…to branch off to the individual projects.…Rather than just use a reduced size version…of the portfolio piece itself,…I'm suggesting that you work with a very tight crop.…And I've gone for a crop that is somewhat enigmatic.…I think it needs to work at a very small size,…and it really needs to function as an icon.…
There are some slightly different approaches we can take…to get to our end result.…Muse has a feature called Place Photoshop Button,…where if you place a layered Photoshop file,…such as I have here,…With the normal state and the over state on separate layers.…It will automatically convert those layers…to the different states of your button.…
Now as useful as that may be.…I'm not going to do it that way,…because while it saves a bit of time on the Muse end.…It involves more time in the set up…and creation on the Photoshop side of things.…So I'm going to take a slightly different approach,…which also gives us a lot more flexibility…
- Starting a new portfolio website
- Making a header and footer
- Adding navigation
- Including social media icons
- Adding an autoplay slideshow
- Making thumbnail images and buttons
- Creating an About page and a Contact page
- Linking pages together
- Creating an accordion menu
- Adding breakpoints for responsiveness
- Testing and publishing a website
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Icon Fonts for the Webwith James Williamson3h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan Your Portfolio
2. Set Up Your Site in Muse
3. Display Your Work
4. Add Pages
5. Make Your Site Responsive
6. Publish the Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.