Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Create an accordion menu, part of Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse.
- [Instructor] Okay, so we've created…a breakpoint of 768 for our tablet,…but I want so switch the kind of menu…that we use at this view size.…I want to have an accordion menu.…So how do we create an accordion?…Let's come to the master page…and I need to replace my existing menu.…Now I can't just delete it,…because that will delete it from the other breakpoints.…So what I'm going to do is select it…and copy it…and then right click again…and choose Hide in Breakpoint.…
Then I'm going to Paste in Place.…And so that this version I've just pasted,…doesn't show up in the other breakpoints…I will right click and choose Hide in Other Breakpoints.…Let's just move the logo out of the way.…Let's take of any pinning that is applied to that.…And we'll move the menu out of the way,…having removed the pinning from that too.…I'll select the header,…come to Transform.…And I will change the Height of the header to 65 pixels.…
Now I'll come to the Widgets Library…and to Panels, Accordion.…First thing I'll do here is make sure that…we have these two options chosen.…
- Starting a new portfolio website
- Making a header and footer
- Adding navigation
- Including social media icons
- Adding an autoplay slideshow
- Making thumbnail images and buttons
- Creating an About page and a Contact page
- Linking pages together
- Creating an accordion menu
- Adding breakpoints for responsiveness
- Testing and publishing a website
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Icon Fonts for the Webwith James Williamson3h 56m Intermediate
1. Plan Your Portfolio
2. Set Up Your Site in Muse
3. Display Your Work
4. Add Pages
5. Make Your Site Responsive
6. Publish the Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.