Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a Contact page, part of Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse.
- [Male Narrator] It's now time for us…to create the contact page.…Very popular on contact pages is an interactive Google map…or something similar.…Do we need it?…I don't think we do.…If you're a freelance designer, you're working from home,…you probably don't want a map pin…showing exactly where you're working.…If you're a retail outlet…and you want people to show up at your store unannounced,…then yes, but certainly in my case…I feel like a Google map is unnecessary.…And I also think that we're not longer as enamored…with the interactivity of a Google map on a contact page…as we once were.…
But, I do want to add some indication,…some flavor of where I am.…So I am going to click in this rectangle…that is defining the contact area.…And I'm going to fill it with a picture of my home town.…I'm going to click on fill, add image,…and add that contact picture.…And I want it to fill the frame…positioned from the center point.…Okay, well that's nice.…Nice picture, local flavor, et cetera.…
But it's just too bright and too colorful.…
- Starting a new portfolio website
- Making a header and footer
- Adding navigation
- Including social media icons
- Adding an autoplay slideshow
- Making thumbnail images and buttons
- Creating an About page and a Contact page
- Linking pages together
- Creating an accordion menu
- Adding breakpoints for responsiveness
- Testing and publishing a website
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Icon Fonts for the Webwith James Williamson3h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan Your Portfolio
2. Set Up Your Site in Muse
3. Display Your Work
4. Add Pages
5. Make Your Site Responsive
6. Publish the Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.