Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Add navigation, part of Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse.
- [Nigel] Our next task is to create a menu,…and this we want to create on the master page.…I'm going to come to the widgets library…and drag out a horizontal menu.…Let's look at the Menu Options.…Menu Type, Top Level Pages.…I'm going to change that to Manual,…because we only have one top-level page.…Then, Item Size, I'm going to go for Uniform Spacing…instead of Uniform Size.…Now then, right-click on the menu item,…and choose Clear All Styling.…
Let's drag it into the rough position…where it's going to end up, and zoom in on that.…Let's now select the text and change that…to the font that I want, which is Alternate Gothic,…and the size that I want, which is going to be 28 pixels,…and the color that I want, which is gray.…I need to find my text panel, which has gone missing.…
Let's bring that up.…I want it to be all caps and to have some letter spacing.…Now I'm going to create two more menu items…by clicking on the plus,…and I'll select them one-by-one,…and change their names.…Work, About, and Contact.…To space them out, I'll drag from the right edge of Contact,…
- Starting a new portfolio website
- Making a header and footer
- Adding navigation
- Including social media icons
- Adding an autoplay slideshow
- Making thumbnail images and buttons
- Creating an About page and a Contact page
- Linking pages together
- Creating an accordion menu
- Adding breakpoints for responsiveness
- Testing and publishing a website
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Icon Fonts for the Webwith James Williamson3h 56m Intermediate
1. Plan Your Portfolio
2. Set Up Your Site in Muse
3. Display Your Work
4. Add Pages
5. Make Your Site Responsive
6. Publish the Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.