- View Offline
- Optimizing a Wacom tablet for Mudbox
- Navigating the 3D space
- Editing materials
- Sculpting with stamps, stencils, and layers
- Creating and importing UV maps
- Texturing with Ptex
- Painting bump maps
- Creating ambient occlusion and displacement maps
- Posing characters with jointed skeletons
- Lighting a scene
- Rendering still images and movies from Mudbox
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ryan Kittleson and welcome to Mudbox Essential Training. In this course, I'll show you everything a beginner needs to get started sculpting and painting in Mudbox. First, I'm going to explain the interface and help you make sense of how Mudbox works. Then, I'll show you not only how to sculpt a model, but how to texture and pose it as well. I'll cover the whole pipeline of model creation in Mudbox, from importing from other programs, to refining details and extracting texture maps. This course hits all the main features.
Mudbox is a powerful program that appeals to professional artists. But it's also fairly intuitive and approachable by the less-experienced. You don't need to be a computer whiz to get the most out of this course. I'll be covering Mudbox from the ground up, so it's perfect for people who are new to 3D sculpting. Well, I'm excited to start Mudbox Essential Training, and I hope you are too. Let's get to it.