Learn how to create and apply custom material settings to various parts of 3D type elements to add more depth and definition to the geometry.
- Materials work hand in hand with lights to really…add the final finishing touches to your 3D composition.…If we look at our project here,…you can see I've got some 3D text that's been extruded,…and I've added a little extra definition with…this light.…But there's only one material that's been applied…to this 3D text, and I want to add further refinements.…If we open up our bug group here in the layers panel,…and click on our solar 3D type, then we can go to…the inspector and look under the text appearance section…and scroll down to find the material options.…
And sure enough you may notice the material that's applied…is a single basic material.…Now, if I hover over this basic material and click on…this big button that popped up, you can see I've got…all these cool custom materials that I can apply…that help simulate realistic things.…You know like, here, paint, I can have cracked paint…applied to my solar here, or car paint.…If we go up under fabric, you know heck,…we could apply polka dots to it, and we could have…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphics (2011)with Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.