Learn how to remove the green-screen background behind a talking person using the keyer.
- [Instructor] Keying is the process that you can use…to isolate an image off of its background…using color saturation or luminance.…So for example, if I want to isolate this talent…off of this green background…and put in any other video in the background.…You know, make it look like she's riding a rollercoaster…or standing in front of a hurricane,…I could do that.…Now, in this example we're actually going to go ahead…and key out the green,…and here I'll just turn the visibility…of the Talking group off here,…and I just want this kind of blue teal background…to be behind her.…
So, here I'll turn the Talking group back on here…and to apply our Keyer I'll make sure that I have…the Green Video Layer selected here in my Layers panel,…and I'll press F6 to hide the Timeline…so we can more clearly see our canvas.…So, making sure we have the Green Video Layer selected,…I want to go to the Filters section of my library…and go to the Keying section,…and we'll start by dragging the Keyer filter…directly on top of our Green Video Layer…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.