Position a camera in 3D space and get an overview of basic camera controls.
- [Voiceover] Cameras give you yet another level of control…when it comes to viewing and rendering…your 3D scene in Motion.…First and foremost, you can use cameras…to fly through a scene, but you can also use cameras…to simulate some realistic filmic effects,…like depth of field, rack focus, lens distortion,…you get the idea.…Now, in this video we're going to focus on how to…position the camera and actually understand…the different kind of camera options we have…when creating cameras in a Motion project.…
So, if we look at our project that we have set up right now,…you'll notice I have three groups that all exist in 3D space…and this top group is a set of three lights…and it's these lights illuminating these 2D layers…that live in 3D space, that are giving us the drop shadow…and the shading around our background here.…So, I'll go ahead and collapse my lights group here…and I'll go up under "add object"…and I want to add a camera into the scene.…
Now, once we've added the camera into the scene…we could change the view that we're viewing…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.