Learn how to smooth footage shot with a shaking camera.
- [Instructor] We've all been there before.…You've gone out and shot a bunch of beautiful footage…and then you realize the one clip you need to use…is the one that has the absolute shakiest camera.…So in this video, we're going to go ahead…and look at how we can fix some of those shaky…camera issues.…If we check out our project by pressing the play button,…you can see I've got this clip of a person…that's installing some solar panels,…and here, I'll just pause this and make sure…that I change the magnification to fit…so you can see the entire clip.…
So you can see, I just want to use the first couple seconds…of this clip but since he was moving from an upper area…to a lower area by looking…at how things have been installed,…the camera kind of got a little bit shaky as we were…setting things up by trying to keep him in the center…of the scene.…So to stabilize this, the first thing I'll do…is go to my layers panel here, and click on…the video clip itself.…Then I'm going to press F6 to hide the timeline…because I'm not really trying to adjust the timing,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.