In this video we render a self-contained video file using the Share menu. We also cover some of the most popular codecs in use today.
- [Instructor] The process for sharing files in Motion…is often called rendering in other applications.…This is the process where you'll crate a file…that exists on it's own outside of Motion.…See, currently if I want to look…at any of these projects,…I need to have Motion on my computer.…So, let's check out the project…that we're working with right now.…I'm going to go down and press play,…and here you can see I've got a transition,…and I've got this logo that moves…that has a blur out and a fade out.…
So, I want to save this so other people can check it out.…So, I'm going to stop playback here…and I'll go up to the Share menu.…Notice when I click on share,…there are a bunch of presets.…So, if I want to send this via email…to someone, I can do it.…Motion will take care of the compression…and everything else and we'll be good to go.…There are other helpful presets…for pages like YouTube and Facebook and Vimeo.…Just so everybody has and overall exposure…to a bunch of the different kinds of compression options…we have for exporting movies,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphics (2011)with Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.