Preview how to retime video with behaviors and precisely control video playback through the retiming controls in the Inspector.
- [Instructor] Now there are primarily two different methods…you can use for re-timing video inside of Motion.…The first way is to use behaviors and they're great…if you want to apply very fast adjustments.…Let's look at our project so I can…show you exactly what I'm talking about.…If we go in the timeline here,…I want you to press the play button…and you'll see I have some video…that's frankly not very exciting.…The only thing moving is this center portion of the meter.…And that's okay because I want to retime this…so the meter moves much more quickly.…
But if we go ahead and stop playback here…for a second and go to the library.…I want you to go to the behavior section.…And in behaviors notice in these groups,…there's a specific group called re-timing.…So go ahead and click on that and if you click…on any one of the behaviors underneath there…you'll get a pretty good preview as to what kind…of re-timing effects you can do with behaviors.…So for example, if I wanted this…to play backwards really quickly,…all I would have to do is click reverse…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.